Sweet Heart Cake
This pretty heart-shaped cake is the perfect way to say,
I love you!
Prep: 15 min - Bake: 33 min - Cool: 1 hr 10 min
1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® sour cream white cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
1 tub Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white ready-to-spread frosting
Red food color
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (metal or glass pan). Grease (or lightly
spray with cooking spray) bottoms only of one 8-inch round and
one 8-inch square pan.
2. Beat cake mix, water, oil and egg white in large bowl on low
speed 2 minute (do not overbeat); or stir 3 minutes by hand.
Pour into pans.
3. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center
comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool
completely, about 1 hour.
4. Cut round cake in half. Put square cake on tray with one
point toward you. Place cut side of each round half against
one of the top sides of square cake to make a heart.
5. Tint frosting with a few drops of food color. Frost cake
with frosting. Store loosely covered.
Makes 12 servings
Success Hint: Freeze the baked and cooled cakes about an hour for easier
cutting and frosting.
Nutritional Info Per 1 Serving:
Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 135); Fat 15g (Saturated 6g);
Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 310mg; Potassium 40mg; Carbohydrate 56g
(Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 3g
Diet Exchanges: 0 Not Recommended
This recipe displayed with permission from General Mills, Inc.