Spiced Walnut Brittle
Spice up a candy dish with this microwave-easy treat.
Prep: 15 Min - Ready in: 45 Min
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon margarine or butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Butter cookie sheet. In 8-cup microwave-
safe measuring cup or medium microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar
and corn syrup; mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
2. Stir; microwave on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes or until light brown.
3. Stir in walnuts, cinnamon, margarine and vanilla until well
blended. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
4. Add baking soda; stir until light and foamy. Pour onto buttered
cookie sheet. Cool 30 minutes or until hardened.
5. Break brittle into pieces. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes 20 (2x2-inch) pieces
Nutritional Info Per 1 Piece Serving:
Calories 110, Calories from Fat 35, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated 0 g,
Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 75 mg, Total Carbohydrate 17 g,
Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugars 13 g, Protein 1 g
Diet Exchange: 1 Fruit, 1 Fat
OR 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
This recipe displayed with permission from General Mills, Inc.