Thumbprint Heart Sugar Cookies
This is a great recipe for little ones to help with!
Prep: 1 Hr - Ready in: 1 Hr 30 Min
1 (18-oz.) roll Pillsbury® Refrigerated Sugar Cookies
1 egg yolk
10 drops red food color
1/4 cup sugar
Red decorating icing
1. Freeze cookie dough for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat egg yolk in small bowl. Add food
color; blend well.
3. Cut chilled dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart
on ungreased cookie sheets. Dip thumb or index finger in egg
mixture to generously coat with color. Press finger onto each
slice of dough at an angle twice to make heart shape. Sprinkle
4. Bake at 350°F. for 7 to 11 minutes or until edges are light
golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool
5 minutes or until completely cooled.
5. With decorating icing, write names or messages on cookies
Makes 32 cookies
Nutritional Info Per 1 Cookie:
Calories 110, Calories from Fat 35, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated 1 g,
Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 65 mg, Total Carbohydrate 18 g,
Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugars 13 g, Protein 1 g
Diet Exchange: 1 Fruit, 1 Fat OR 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
This recipe courtesy of Back of the Box Recipes.
www.backofthebox.com Home Page
This recipe created by Pillsbury.