Cheeseburger Pot Pie
Prep: 45 min
1 Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crust (from 15-oz. pkg.)
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons chopped pickle, if desired
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Let pie crust pouch stand at room
temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high
heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 5 to 8 minutes until
onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add ketchup, pickle and
pepper; mix well. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Spoon beef mixture into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with
cheese. Unfold pie crust; press out fold lines. Place crust over
hot beef mixture. Flute edges; cut slits in several places in crust.
5. Bake at 450°F. for 13 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden
brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edge of crust with strips of
foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 480,
Calories from Fat 270, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated 14 g,
Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 710 mg, Total Carbohydrate 27 g,
Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 26 g
Diet Exchange: 2 Starch, 3 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
OR 2 Carbohydrate, 3 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
This recipe courtesy of Back of the Box Recipes.
www.backofthebox.com Home Page
This recipe displayed with permission from General Mills, Inc.