Potato-Topped Sloppy Joe Casserole
This easy-to-make casserole features flavors the whole family
Prep: 30 Min - Ready in: 1 Hr
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (15.5-oz.) can sloppy Joe sandwich sauce
1 1/2 cups Green Giant® Niblets® Frozen Corn
2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups mashed potato flakes
1/4 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 325°F. In large skillet, brown ground beef,
onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is
thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
2. Add sandwich sauce and corn; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer
4 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated and corn is crisp-tender,
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring water and garlic salt
to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in potato flakes
until well blended. Add sour cream and egg; mix well.
4. Spoon beef mixture into ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole.
Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole. Sprinkle
potatoes with cheese.
5. Bake at 325°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are set.
If desired, sprinkle potatoes with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional Info Per 1 Serving:
Calories 570, Calories from Fat 230, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated 12 g,
Cholesterol 145 mg, Sodium 1040 mg, Total Carbohydrate 53 g,
Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 17 g, Protein 32 g
Diet Exchange: 2 1/2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 3 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
OR 3 1/2 Carbohydrate, 3 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
This recipe created by Pillsbury.